Tuesday, March 3, 2009

One Million Faces Project -

I was driving down into Boulder on Thursday night, Bon Jovi, "Wanted Dead or Alive" was playing on the radio. My heart skipped a beat when I heard him sing 

"I've seen a million faces, and I rocked them all!"
Inspiration struck,
my heart skipped a beat,
I got an idea.

I wondered if I'd photographed a million faces over the course of my career?

Away from questions, my mind raced for action

I bet I can photograph a million faces in 2009

I bet that I can raise millions of dollars for local charities across the country

Step 1 - Get domain
Step 2 - Print Model Releases
Step 3 - Make a cause on Facebook
Step 4 - Grab camera and start shooting

I created the One Million Faces Project to paint a portrait of America.

I want to inspire a sense of connection, and community, and spread hope, love and peace all along the way.

In less than 1 week, I've heard from people across the world interested in participating.

I believe that if I can inspire people to create, to laugh that more light will shine.

Let's change the world, one face at a time.

The first 28 of one million faces -

Music - "People"
courtesy of Something Underground

recorded LIVE Feb 6, 2009 at Nissi's


No comments:

Post a Comment